A weekend visit to Sylvan Lake is never enough, which is why Crestview wants to welcome you home.
It’s no secret that Sylvan Lake is a summer hot spot, attracting visitors from across Canada. There’s so much to do on the lake, you’ll need more than a weekend to pack everything in. That’s why Crestview at Sylvan Lake wants to help more visitors become locals, with their beautiful new master-planned community.
9 Things to do in Sylvan Lake this Summer
- Rent a motor boat or Sea-Doo for a thrilling adventure on the lake. Try wakeboarding, waterskiing or tubing for even more fun!
- For a more serene activity, try your hand at paddle boarding, kayaking or canoeing — Sylvan Lake’s water is famously shallow along the shoreline, so even beginners will feel safe. Want to paddle like a local, once you’ve moved into your Crestview home? Head out in the early morning or after supper and practice your strokes.
- Relax on the beach, build a sand castle and go for a swim in the warm, shallow waters — Sylvan Lake is noticeably warmer than many other Alberta lakes. If you’re keen for more adrenaline, check out Aqua Splash Park with an exciting obstacle course featuring slides, a trampoline and other challenges.
- There’s always great energy along the waterfront, and this summer Lakeshore Drive is closed to vehicle traffic to create a vibrant outdoor destination for residents and visitors! Take a stroll around the Sylvan Lake Marina — a great place to people watch or enjoy the sunset, or pop into one of the many great restaurants for dinner or drinks.
- Sylvan Lake is a great place for cycling — multi-use trails connect right up to your home at Crestview, and you can even cycle all the way around the lake! If you happen to be biking on a Wednesday, you’ll be able to watch the Sylvan Lake Sailing Club racing across the water.
- Festivals spring up all summer long in Sylvan Lake, with the annual Jazz at the Lake Festival coming up Aug. 19-21. Snake Lake Brewing Company also hosts live music every Thursday night!
- Sign up for a half or full-day guided fishing trip to learn the tricks of the trade, and find your favourite fishing hole on the lake. Then once you’re living at Crestview you can get out on the water any day you like.
- Visit Pogadl splash park and play zone, take in a ball game at Gulls Field, let your pooch run wild in the off-leash dog park, or compete on one of the many state-of-the-art sports fields.
- Stay tuned for more info about Crestview’s new park with playground and picnic area, plus a kids toboggan hill coming soon!