If your kids have had just a bit too much screen time lately and you are looking for some fun things to do to count down the time before bed, look no further!
Read on for some ideas to encourage play and connections as a family:
- Mini spa date – Grab the kiddos and a large bowl and fill with warm water. Pedicure time! Bust out the face masks for max relaxation.
- Go for a walk – get outside!
- Glow in the dark bath time. The ultimate awesome parent move. Grab a few glow sticks from the dollar store, turn off the lights and throw them in the tub! Guaranteed fun for the little ones.
- Nothing like a little competitive gaming (the board type, that is!).
- Create a scavenger hunt throughout the house with a little prize at the end.
- Crank up the tunes and have a dance party!
- Create art or science projects for the whole family to enjoy.
- Audiobooks are a great way to “read” the same book all at once.
- Make a gratitude list and post it on the back of your little ones’ bedroom doors.
- Same as above, but a gratitude list for the favourite people in your life. Don’t forget to pop them in the mail once completed. Who doesn’t like a little old-fashioned snail mail?!
- Make a menu for the dinners of the week, and have your kids draw the menu items for each day.