Any family with smaller kids knows that trick or treating can’t last all night. To keep the fun going, why not try a few of the ideas below leading up to (or during!) Halloween to get the family in the spooky spirit.
- Bake Spider Cookies – Choose any drop cookie recipe and add pretzel sticks for legs and chocolate chips for eyes. Eeek!
- Bobbing for Apples – Set up a low, shallow bowl on the kitchen table and have a contest to see who can grab the most apples
- Costume Parade – Let the little ones dress up in the costumes and put on a fashion show or a costume march
- Ghoulish Trees – Paint & decorate toilet paper rolls like ghosts and hang them from the front yard tree with string
- Candy Skewers – Purchase a baggie of Halloween themed gummies and thread them onto bamboo skewers
- Visit your local pumpkin patch and let the kiddos have their pick! They will love carving a pumpkin they picked out on their own
- Check out local haunted houses in the week leading up to Halloween
- Take a drive around the community the night before to scope out the scariest houses
- Create a scavenger hunt for trick or treating – write down as many costume ideas you can think of, and see how many are wandering out and about on Halloween night!