Here in Canada, we are lucky to have a stunning, albeit short, Fall season. The trees – awash in red, orange and yellow tones – are backlit with the golden sun and framed by the Rocky Mountains. September is the perfect month to get outside and enjoy the last bit of warmth, all while creating some fun family experiences.
Read on below for a list of Autumn activities that the whole family will enjoy:
- Visit a local Apple Orchard – Kids will love to be put to work to help pick as many apples as possible.
- Make homemade apple cider. It’s easier than you would think! Even better if enjoyed outside on a crisp, cool afternoon.
- Bake an apple cobbler or pie and invite some friends over to share.
- Horseback ride through the mountains. What better way to enjoy Fall’s natural beauty?!
- Visit your favourite coffee shop – Pumpkin spice latte for you, hot chocolate for the kids.
- Take a drive through the oldest neighbourhood in town. There is nothing like seeing trees lit up with autumn colours!
- Rake fallen leaves, create piles and have a jumping contest! Every kid’s favourite.
- Implement “Soup Sundays”. Try a new homemade soup recipe every Sunday.
- Check out a corn maze! Alberta is home to a few great corn mazes and some even feature petting zoos and other fun activities for the kids.
- Take your family Christmas Photo. It’s never too early to start planning, and fall landscapes make for some beautiful images.