With only a month left to go before the craziness of the school year starts, there is no time like the present to put together a summer bucket list. Gather the family ‘round and brainstorm some fun ideas on how to maximize what is left of summer break.
Stumped for ideas? Read on below for a few fun idea starters!
- Host a backyard BBQ – Invite your neighbours, friends & family for one last hurrah!
- Plan a beach day – Visit your local lake or beach to spend some fun in the sun.
- Have a sand castle building competition at said beach day.
- Overnight camp out – Pitch the tent in the backyard and plan a campout! Not warm enough at night? No matter, build a fort in the living room instead.
- Go for a family bike ride to the local park.
- Chase the ice cream truck down the street. Bonus points if you eat it before dinner.
- Start a water balloon fight.
- Visit a berry picking farm and create delicious smoothies with the fruits of your labour.
- Throw on your bathing suits and set the sprinkler up in the backyard.
- Use chalk to create obstacles courses, hopscotch and tic-tac-toe games.
- Hop in the car for a short road trip – Visit the next town over and set out to explore.
- Play mini golf.
- Go game and tech free for one day – Get outside! Be bored. Read a book.
August has just begun, so there is still plenty of time to come up with ideas to enjoy the end of summer. Remember to stay in the moment and appreciate every minute of the warm sunshine and summer activities before school is back in. Your summer bucket list should include a lot of fun activities to enjoy with your friends and family outdoors!